DROP IN TOUR & DEMONSTRATIONS
All aboard! Take a guided tour of this friendly light ship, built in 1885 in Albion Yard to guide other ships to safety.
A lesser known piece of the city’s maritime past, learn how the ship’s design ensured safe passage around our shores.
Take a guided tour, view a demonstration of Radio Telephone and Rope work, and see active refurbishment at work on the ship.
Theatre show: (3pm on Sat & Sunday) Come along and see 5 in a Hat Theatre Company and Atomic Rhubarb’s zany comedy ‘A Touch of Fool’.
There will also be a great band playing for good family entertainment.
Got the kids? Families can enjoy colouring and pirate competitions …Arrrrrr!. Refreshments available on board.
Tours: Every half hour. Last tour at 5pm
Built in 1885 as a Light Vessel (LV 55) by Charles Hill & Sons, Albion Yard, Bristol, for Trinity House, with a wood and iron beam hull type. Sold for scrap in 1954, when lantern and metal work was removed, she is now owned by Cabot Cruising Club. In 2011 the vessel was accepted by the National Historic Ships Register and, with the permission from the Secretary of State, the Red Defaced Ensign can now be flown.