Queer Bristol Audio Tour
The city’s streets have tales to tell.
Who was Michael Dillon? Why Queenshilling? What happened at the Radnor Hotel?
Join us for a journey through secret doors & scandal, through danger and disco, to the present day. Battling the law, an AIDs epidemic & Section 28, hear stories of an irrepressible community uniting in Pride.
Discover the LGBTQ+ people & places that shaped a city. With support from Bristol Archives, Outstories & artist Tom Marshman.
HOW DOES THE AUDIO TOUR WORK?
- The audio tours all take place outdoors.
- All you need to take part is a charged smartphone & headphones.
- Buy your Explorer band & then book into your preferred day & start time.
- The day before the tour, we’ll send you simple instructions to download the app & your chosen tour in advance of the weekend.
- Download your tour & arrive promptly at the start point to join your fellow adventurers for an introduction. Press play & follow the instructions for your personal tour.
- The tours take between 60 – 90 minutes, depending on your pace & you can stop whenever you want. This tour contains adult themes, so may not be suitable for younger children.
HOW DO I BOOK FOR THIS?
FIRST BUY YOUR EXPLORER WRISTBAND FROM THE TICKETS PAGE. THEN SELECT THIS ADVENTURE & REDEEM YOUR CODE.
BUY EXPLORER WRISTBANDS