Home to Europe’s largest street art festival, Upfest, and the birthplace of Banksy, Bristol is famed for its vibrant painted streets & multi-coloured horizons.
But why is the city so colourful? Who brought street art to Bristol? What’s the story behind the paint?
Starting on the Harbourside, this walking tour ventures into the south of the city, home of the Upfest murals. Hear the stories behind vibrant Bristol from local artists, historians, residents and celebrities – the people who know Bristol best.
Starting Point: M Shed, Museum Square
About the Tours
Explore Bristol in a series of digital audio walking tours. Uncover the city’s secrets, guided by the people who know Bristol best. Listen to local legends as they guide you on your journey, from ship captains to graffiti artists, historians to craft brewers. Vibrant Bristol is created in partnership with Upfest, Show of Strength and VisitBristol.
How will it work?
1. The tours are suitable for explorers of all ages, and start on the harbour. All you need is a smartphone and headphones.
2. Pick your preferred day and start time and buy your tickets.
3. A week before the tour, we’ll send you a code and simple instructions to download your tour in advance of the weekend.
3. Download your tour and arrive at the starting point to join your fellow adventurers for a socially-distanced introduction, given by one of our producers.
4. Press play and follow the instructions for your personal tour. The tours take between 60 – 90 minutes, depending on your pace, and you can stop whenever you want.
Will it be socially distanced?
Absolutely. Places on each tour are limited to avoid crowding, and the tours guide you to outdoor areas only. There will be ample room for adventurers to spread out on your personal journey. We ask everyone to adhere to government guidelines of social distancing, and to be considerate of their fellow explorers.