Job Opportunity: Festival Communications Intern
An exciting opportunity to join the Bristol Open Doors festival team!
Festival Communications Intern
Employment basis: 4 days a week
Salary: £9.00 p/h
Employer: The Architecture Centre
Location of Post: The Architecture Centre, 16 Narrow Quay, Bristol, BS1 4QA
Reporting to: Programme Manager / Communications and Marketing Manager
Period: 6 months (fixed term contract)
Holiday: 25 days pro rata, excluding bank holidays
The deadline for all applications must be received by 9am on Fri 19 April
We are looking for an enthusiastic, pro-active and creative individual to join us as Festival Communications Intern. You will support the development and delivery of Bristol Open Doors 2019, the South West’s largest festival of architecture and design.
- Assist the Marketing and Communications Manager with the development and implement of the Bristol Open Doors brand for 2019.
- Assist with the creation of digital and print assets including a film trailer
- Assist the Programme Manager with festival production and delivery, including venue compilation, image bank organisation and databasing
- Support the production of a printed programme and online resources
- Assist with developing ticket sales for our well-attended events programme, and the implementation of a new ticketing and donations strategy for Bristol Open Doors
- Work alongside volunteers and assist with volunteer administration
- Assist with the full festival delivery (13-16 September)
- Facilitate festival evaluation and feedback gathering
- Be an informed, collaborative and enthusiastic team member
- Undertake any other duties as deemed reasonable, as requested to support the success of the organisation
- Occasional evening and weekend work required (TOIL system)
- Degree or equivalent qualification
- Strong copywriting skills
- Enthusiasm for architecture, design, heritage and culture
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A keen interest and understanding of marketing, brand and website development
- Experience of creating and promoting events
- An eye for design and a strong story
- Understanding of GDPR and data protection legislation
- Excellent team player
- Strong time management skills & an ability to work to deadline under pressure
- Demonstrable experience in working with Microsoft Office (word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Good understanding of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.)
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Working knowledge of Adobe creative suite
Please send a current CV and covering letter, outlining your interest in and suitability for the role to applications to email@example.com. Please refer specifically to the Responsibilities and Person Specification, ensuring your letter is no longer than two pages. Address your letter to the Director.
EMAIL: applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: All applications must be received by 9am on Fri 19 April
START DATE: May 2019, exact start date to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
INTERVIEWS: Anticipated Interview Date:Wednesday 24 April
The Architecture Centre is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Festival Comms Intern | Job Spec
Download PDF Job Spec: