When do we collect information from you?
We collect information that you give us by filling in forms, either on our website or in person, or when you correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
Information we collect
In operating our website and service communications we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you registered for an event, enter competitions or make a purchase
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
Use of your information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is used, on a lawful basis, to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To meet our contractual commitments to you
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service
- To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
Storing your personal data
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Who do we share your information with?
We do not disclose your data to others unless required to do so for legal or statutory reasons or to help prevent fraud.
For how long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for as long as we need to for the purposes for which it was collected or (if longer) for any period for which we are required to keep personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements or until you ask us to delete your personal data, in accordance with your rights below. We will regularly assess the personal data that we hold to determine its relevance and destroy your personal data if we no longer require it or no longer provide any services to you.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- find out how we process your personal data
- request that your personal data is corrected if you believe it is incorrect or inaccurate
- obtain restriction on our, or object to, processing of your personal data
- ask us not to process your personal data for our own marketing purposes
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data
- obtain a copy of your personal information which we hold about you. We will take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request and will respond as soon as possible and in any event within a month.
Further, if you do not wish to receive any marketing information from us, you can unsubscribe from such notifications at any time using the link on any e-mail that we send to you, or at any other time by getting in touch with us using the details set out in the ‘Contact Us’ section below.
At the end of your relationship with us you can ask us to delete your personal data and we will do so as far as we are reasonably able and subject to our legal requirements to retain such data. You can also request that we provide you with written confirmation (including in the form of a certificate) of the deletion of your personal data, which we will provide if we have deleted that data and can provide evidence of this.
Third party links
Our site may contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources. If you use any third party sites or resources the third party services’ rules and policies will apply and you should check these before you submit any personal data to third party sites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. This policy applies solely to information collected by the Architecture Centre.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website. Such information will not identify you personally, it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
Similarly to the above, we may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights outlined in this policy or have any questions about the way in which the Architecture Centre handles your personal data, please contact Katie Darling, Data Protection Officer as below:
Postal: The Architecture Centre, Narrow Quay, Bristol BS1 4QA
Telephone: 0117 922 1540
Last Updated: 23 May 2018